Home remedies offer you herbal and natural method to treat Mouth ulcers effectively.
Mouth ulcers are small, painful, raised shallow sores which are often filled with fluid. They tend to vary in size and appearance and appear in mouth in areas like inner cheeks, gums, root of mouth, lips or tongue. They can appear outside the mouth as well and they can be accompanies by the swollen lymph nodes in the neck and fever.
Sometimes the infection due to the herpes zoster virus causing chicken pox and shingles give rise to the multiple sores on one side of the mouth.
The common symptoms or the initial signs of the mouth ulcers are the sensitivity and burning sensation often accompanied with the pain in the affected area.
- Canker sores or Aphthous Stomatitis causing inflammation on the inner lining of the mouth
There are several home remedies to treat the mouth ulcers but if you don’t get the positive results in the ten days or few weeks then it is always better to seek the professional advice to counteract the problem.
- Apply the aloe Vera gel on the effected portion of the mouth
- Rinse the mouth with two salts in the lukewarm water
- Chew basil leaves or boil them in the water and do the gargle daily
- Apply honey on the affected area is one of the best remedies of home which you can adopt to treat them.
- Place wet black tea bags on the affected area is one of the best treatments that you can adopt for their treatment
- Drinks made through fenugreek leaves in water are one the excellent home remedies for treating the mouth ulcers.
- Rinse the mouth with one tablespoon baking soda in a cup of water will help you to get rid of the mouth sores fast.]
- Licorice root tea, calendula tea, echinacea tincture, diluted myrrh oil etc are regarded as valuable herbal remedies for Mouth Sores. Rinse the mouth with any of these herbal solutions to get rid of blisters and sores in mouth.
- Avoid using the alcohol containing mouth washes as the alcohol acts as a dehydrating agent.
- Use mouthwashes containing alcohol because it acts as a dehydrating agent. Moreover, use a soft bristled toothbrush for brushing to avoid further mechanical irritation. Apply vitamin E oil to facilitate the process of healing.
- Use Amica mouthwash which is herb best for treating the swollen and cracked skin. Do not swallow the mixture instead discard it from the mouth after rolling it over the affected proportion.
- Apply the canker soar paste on the affected portion, the quantity depending upon the sore.
- Gargling with sesame oil will permanently cure for mouth ulcers.
- Clean the tongue regularly but not harshly. Use toothpaste, mouthwash which suits you, if you feel you are getting the problem due to it, change it. You may be allergic to it.
- Take ten guava leaves, wash it and pour two glasses of water, make it to boil. The decoction which formed should become only one glass, gargle the decoction for permanent relief from mouth ulcers.
- Avoid eating sharp edged food like dry bread or potato chips. Also avoid lozenges, chewing gums, coffee, tobacco and any food which you think can trigger ulcer formation.
- Drink lot of orange juice as deficiency of Vitamin C can lead to mouth ulcer.
Reduce the consumption of highly citric juices and foods like lemon, orange, grapefruit, kiwi, vinegar and keep away from smoking and tobacco abuse. Consume honey, tomato juice, banana, melon, cucumber, spring onions, vegetable soups, stews, puddings, ice creams and various fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin B, vitamin E, bioflavonoids and zinc.